logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shouldn't both options --gmapi and --nsis imply --tdbfile?

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 9 08:31:15 GMT 2019

Hello

I was a newbie two years ago or so.. It took me a lot and a lot of time to fall in all the gaps and holes and try to understand.
I,m  still reading the options manual trying to find out what polygon-size-limits really mean.

The internet does help but I think only for techies knowing what all the words mean in the first place.
I first started with mapuploader but also that one tries to expose all the options to the user making it very difficult.
As soon as you find out where all the options are good for you also don;t need the interface anymore

For that reason I created an excel sheet user interface with some one trick buttons creating cmd scripts to be executed.
I'm not fan of the VBA excel as a generic distributable thing, don't worry, but the concept is clear:
Download geofabrik region sea and bounds if not already exists and kick the map with default style which ends up with mymap-setup.exe and gmapsupp.img and runs the silent  installer immediately.

To keep the cmd-scripts of the older generation intact for backword compatibility, maybe these are some options:
	mkgmap-simple.jar --http://geofabrik/europe/luxembourg-latest.osm.pbf
	or mkgmap.jar --default --http://geofabrik/europe/luxembourg-latest.osm.pbf
	or mkgmap.cmd or mkgmap.ps1  doing the same (one for linux, mac and windows)

Maybe this can help newbies

Gr Joris