logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Improve LocationHook

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 29 14:42:21 GMT 2019

Hi all,

in the forum there was a discussion about "tooltip for residential area"
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=64986

I am not sure if it helps, here is a patch that might improve the LocationHook for closed ways
where some points are on a boundary or a boundary is crossing the polygon in a small part.

With the current code the result is sometimes surprising, esp. if a very small  of a polygon is outside of the "wanted"
boundary. The patch calculates the "Center of geometry" for closed ways and uses it first when it lies inside the polygon
to calculate the adminlevel values. This might slow down processing if there are many complex closed ways.

I did not see many differences in my area, I guess it depends on the accuracy of boundaries.