logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style improvements / updated typ-file

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 15 20:51:36 GMT 2019

Hello

My previous typ had 2 bugs (No draworder for new lake 0x41) making lakes invisible and missing wilderniss hut
Both are fixed in attached typ.

There were also a couple of polygons and lines having a night color bitmap, for now I removed them and introduce them again if complete. There is help coming up from Michael to fill that gap.
Feel free to send more findings

Kind regards
Joris

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> Namens Ticker Berkin
Verzonden: maandag 14 januari 2019 12:24
Aan: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Onderwerp: Re: [mkgmap-dev] default style improvements / upated typ-file

Hi

I agree the name change from mkgmap.txt to something else (no problem with mapnik.txt) is needed.

I haven't been through this TYP in detail yet. Some of my previous comments still stands:
 http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2018q4/029103.html

I'd like another, much, much simpler, TYP file for the default style also to be available. It would avoid re-defining representation that the typical Garmin device shows.

In my next set of changes I'm planning to change quite a few TYPE numbers, many as suggested in this thread on 13-Nov-2018:
 http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2018q4/029146.html
but there will be some differences from this post.

Some of these cover Joris's "changes to be considered". Some of the other suggestions I feel are too much for the default style but I will consider them.

It will be a few days before I'm able to do anything in this area.

We need some pointers in the documentation to the collection of TYP -files.

Please can we have these TYP-files in "trunk". I think the "default -typ" branch it is a hindrance.

Regards
Ticker