logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Jan 7 09:55:03 GMT 2019

Hi

Reading some of the relevant wiki pages, I am finding the wording
ambiguous.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:area
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dpedestrian
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Area

It seems wrong that the handling of the area= tag is not consistent
between polygons generated from closed ways and those generated by
multipolygon relations, but, if you assert that it is, I'll respect it.

Regardless, there are a lot of Piazzas that are not generated from a
multipolygon and don't have the area tag, eg

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/601220094
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/256580148
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/173770171

My 'polygons' change as it stands:

 highway=pedestrian & area!=no [0x17 resolution 22]

will show these as piazza, along with other areas that might not be.
If I change it to:

 highway=pedestrian & (area=yes | mkgmap:mp_created=true) [0x17
resolution 22]

it won't show them.

Which is preferred?

Ticker