logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] name-tag-list breaks address search?

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Thu Dec 27 20:22:37 GMT 2018

Does using the mkgmap option "name-tag-list" break the address search?

If I use this line in my template.args: 'name-tag-list="name:de,name"'
address search does not work in my Gpsmap 64S. Mapedit++ shows '? (,
?,DEU)' for streets in the address field.

If Í remove the option everything is fine. I can search in the Gpsmap
and Mapedit++ shows e.g. 'BAMBERG (, BAYERN, DEU)'.

My other address related options are:

location-autofill=bounds,is_in,nearest
bounds=/data/gps/bounds_181221

The bounds directory is downloaded from osm.thkukuk.de.

I use mkgmap r4259 with openjdk 1.8.0_191 on linux.