logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How can I force the inners of a boundary relation to display?

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Sat Dec 8 14:10:26 GMT 2018

That does work but it makes all ways that are named boundary relations (
with mkgmap:boundary_name =*) render with the same style. I can live with
that but I'm still wondering if there is a way to force it to only operate
on inners and only on ways of type boundary=protected_area ? Can I set in
"relations" and test in "lines" for a new mkgmap:boundary_name, for
example, boundary1_name?

Another interesting problem I just noticed is that simple islands (not
multipolygons) whose coastlines are also boundaries do not display as
islands, only as members of the refuge they are a part of. The coastlines
fail to display whether or not the above code is active or commented out so
it must be a separate issue. Take a look at Village Islands inside the
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge. These display as  continuous boundaries
with my style [0x10e12], but there is no "land" inside the boundaries, only
sea. So, these objects are tagged as place=islet, natural=coastline, but
they are also outers in the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge.

Dave

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand