logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New branch for default typ file

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Nov 27 16:33:33 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd

I don't think having:

BRANCH: default-typ

makes sense because I don't think there will ever be a single, ideal
file. So better to accept now that it will be a collection of files,
and, as nothing exists at the moment, they might as well go in 'trunk'.

In trunk, they will be visible sooner to all mkgmap users. Then any in
the dist/examples/typ-files directory could be selected to be used as
-is or a starting point for modification.

I don't know what the best visual effect should be either, but, having
tried a complex example I found somewhere, the raw Garmin device
rendering (with just a _drawOrder section in the TYP file) looked much,
much better.

I'm hoping others will submit examples, then we just need some
reference in the documentation to point people to the examples, along
with good comments in the files themselves.

Ticker