logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New branch for default typ file

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Mon Nov 19 17:44:16 GMT 2018

Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk> writes:

> I suspect there will be a few TYP files for different usages.

perhaps, but as I understand it there can be a lot of
include/not-include in styles, so I see TYP files being different as a
high-level difference, within which there can be maps built for
different reasons.   And I would hope there would be fewer TYP files,
just because things are confusing enough.

> I propose that they should be handled like the styles, where they are
> gathered in a directory resources/TYPs and the build process copies
> then to dist/examples/TYPs
>
> I don't think a new branch is necessary, as there is nothing in the
> system at the moment.
>
> I'd like to submit my most basic TYPfile and attach the file and patch.
> This, along with option --order-by-decreasing-area, has been adequate
> for me for a few years (but I have problems with my new Etrex 30x not
> showing some line types)

That sounds fine to me.  I would hope that the TYP file is not actually
checked in, but the source code that the mkgmap TYP compiler users, so
it can be edited easily.