logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Nov 12 14:55:16 GMT 2018

Hi Ticker,

reg. the curly brackets in the barrier section I must say that i don't like the old style
as well as your new one ;-)
I would put the closing bracket without indention:
barrier=bollard | barrier=cycle_barrier {
    add mkgmap:bicycle=yes;
    add mkgmap:foot=yes;
    addaccess no;
    set mkgmap:road-speed=1;
}

Besides that the changes are OK for me.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2018 13:03
An: mkgmap development
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

Hi

I'd like to make quite a few changes and improvements to the default
style.

Some of these should be non-contentious:

The first change I propose is to make the layout consistent and clearer
and I've attached a patch to do this for the points/lines/polygons
files. The only change here is white-space (blanks, tabs, new-lines),
no other characters have been changed.

I've used:
 $ java ...  uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl pathTo/default
to check there are no semantic changes, but this program fails to dump
the <finalize> section, so I've checked these very carefully via other
methods.

Next changes I am thinking of are:

Simple layout where character changes are involved

Provide more information on unnamed objects where a good garmin mapping
hasn't been found, eg, after all the shop=known ... lines there is a
mop-up:
  shop=* & shop!=no & shop!=none [0x2e0c resolution 24]
changing this to:
  shop=* & shop!=no & shop!=none {add name='${shop|subst:"_=> "}'}
                                 [0x2e0c resolution 24]
will name unnamed shops with the value of the shop tag.
There are about 15 sections that benefit from this.

Add more commonly used tag-values, eg:
 tourism=bed_and_breakfast [0x2b02 resolution 24]
and other mop-ups

I think these sort of changes should be applied to the trunk

After this, the changes I'm thinking of will require more discussion.

Regards
Ticker