logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing addr:place addresses

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Nov 12 08:58:08 GMT 2018

Hi Lorenzo,

thanks again for reporting, it turned out that there was a bug in the code which creates the global search index.
This was fixed with r4249:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4249

@all: Expect a growth in the index (*mdr) and better results in address and street search.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2018 08:07
An: Lorenzo Mastrogiacomi; Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Missing addr:place addresses

Hi Lorenzo,

thanks for reporting. I found this for node https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5967518380
addr:city=Potenza Picena
addr:housenumber=7
addr:place=Contrada Spirito Santo
There is an unnamed road next to it and mkgmap assigns these labels
1) empty (because road is unnamed)
2) Strada Provinciale Potentina (because that is the closed named road)
3) Contrada Spirito Santo (because of the addr:place
The same happens for other roads in this area.  So far so good.
Still, address search in MapSource doesn't show the name "Contrada Spirito Santo" as street name.

I found out this happens because there is no road where "Contrada Spirito Santo" appears in the 1st label.
It seems this is something that I did not see before.
When I add a short way with highway=service,name=Contrada Spirito Santo somewhere in this area everything seems to work fine,
all numbers are found. Also when I remove the name Strada Provinciale Potentina from the major road so that it is not added to the unnamed road.

So, in short: mkgmap should be changed, I have to find out where.