logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style for pipeline routes

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Thu Nov 8 05:14:38 GMT 2018

Gerd,

Thanks for the help on the pipeline rendering. Your rule had one error in
it, the word "way" but mkgmap complained and provided the line number of
the error so it was easy to fix. I checked to see if the sections of the
TAP pipeline where I removed the tags were rendered properly, and they
were, even the sections that are underground or overground show up fine. Of
course, those ways already carry the location tag. My line styles have
provisions for both.

type=route & route=pipeline
    {
        apply {
        set man_made=pipeline;
        }
    }

During the long conversation about tagging relation members that began by
trying to come up with a method of tagging groups of lakes. Someone
suggested creating a new relation type of "group" to handle such things. I
didn't want to do that so stuck with using a multipolygon to group a set of
lakes that have a single name. Then I encountered a situation that was
ideal for an experiment, three rocks near Kodiak Island that have the name
"Three Sisters Rocks". These are nodes, not ways, so the multipolygon
approach really doesn't suit them well. I create a new relation, tagged it
as type=group and added the nodes to it. Of course, the rocks do not render
on the OSM slippy map but they did on mymkgmap file because I added the
following rule to the relations style sheet:

type=group & name=*
{
     apply {
       set name='${name}';