logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address Searches on new GPSmap66S

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 7 11:10:34 GMT 2018

Hi Nick,

well, my Oregon 600 no longer uses the index when I search for restaurants. No idea if that started after an update of the firmware
or a change in mkgmap. Search takes very long, even if map contains only one tile.
It might not be intended by Garmin, maybe they just change the firmware without testing it with our maps?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von nwillink <osm at pinns.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. November 2018 11:53
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Address Searches on new GPSmap66S

Hi All

Just say that the latest GPSmap66S gives a 'Cannot find address'  when
searching for an address!

Oddly, it lists any address you have entered, ie it finds the names of
streets and towns/cities even the numbers of an address but annoyingly
refuses to locate them on the map.

Checking the manual it says:

'You can use optional City Navigator maps to search for addresses.'

mmm....

So it only works with City Navigator maps ,.... a sign of things to come?

Apart from that , mkgmap's custom maps work !

Nick