logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM and SRTM hgt files: size too small

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Nov 1 10:48:52 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 01, Bernhard Hiller wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
> viewfinderpanoramas provides files for that area too. Download cells M32 and
> M33 from
> http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage map viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm
> The unzipped files all have a size of 2818 kb, and work well with mkgmap.

That's the 3" tiles, I hoped I could re-use the SRTM1v3 data so that
I don't need to store everything twice.
Wondering myself, why even the geotiff SRTM1v3 tiles for this area
have only half of the size then other tiles have.

Looks like I need to dig deeper into gdal.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS