logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] First beta version mkgmap.typ

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 21 12:21:24 BST 2018

Hello,

I changed Gerds translations and changed icon for fastfood, see new TYP in attachment.
Changing the default-style for improvements is a different cup of  tea where I also don't know where the current choices made come from.

Without coming up with something completely different I propose (see attachment)  about a 15 changes in order to improve the rendering differences of the public transport objects , cycleways and buildings.
I avoided addressing questions for aerialway, tunnels, bridges etc to keep the change small.

What would be a good way of approaching changes?
Maybe best to discuss the changes in the <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>  group?

Kind regards
Joris

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Verzonden: zaterdag 20 oktober 2018 10:08
Onderwerp: AW: First beta version mkgmap.typ

Hi Joris,

(sorry for the previous crippled mail)

I started to fix some of the German translations, see attached modified version.

Some problems caused by the style:
1)
shop=butcher [0x2e0c resolution 24]
This would give
String2=0x02,Schlachter

Same type is used here:
shop=* & shop!=no & shop!=none [0x2e0c resolution 24] String2=0x02,Geschäft

2) Type 0x2f12
internet_access=yes { name 'Internet ${name}' | 'Internet' } [0x2f12 resolution 24 continue]
internet_access=* & internet_access!=no & internet_access!=yes { name 'Internet(${internet_access}) ${name|def:}' } [0x2f12 resolution 24 continue] amenity=emergency_phone [0x2f12 resolution 24 default_name 'Emergency Phone'] amenity=telephone [0x2f12 resolution 24 default_name 'Telephone'] is used with String1=0x01,Wifi String2=0x02,Wifi String3=0x04,Wifi String4=0x03,Wifi In Germany the first two might be called "Hotspot", the 3rd would be "Notruf", the last simply "Telefon"

3) 0x2f15
amenity=recycling
is used with
String2=0x02,Mühltonne
String3=0x04,Wastebasket
String4=0x03,Vuilbak
In Germany we separate waste (Müll) from other materials which might be recycled (Wertstoffe), e.g. for glas, paper, metal, clothing etc.
I would use this
String2=0x02,Recycling
for German, no idea about the other languages.

4) Type 0x2f17
Again maybe a problem in the default style:
amenity=taxi [0x2f17 resolution 24]
public_transport=platform | highway=bus_stop | railway=tram_stop [0x2f17 resolution 24] Two very different things, in German the 1st woud be "Taxi" and the 2nd "Haltestelle"

Probably a lot more cases to look at...