logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4244: Reduce number of includes in default style

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 19 09:19:08 BST 2018

Hi Mike,

I also wonder why we create routable ways for abandoned railways. I think the idea is that many of them were converted to cycleways,
but I think we should add a test for e.g. bicycle=yes or similar. If such a way is part of a cycle route maybe we can apply a tag in the relations file.

Reg. house numbers: I found many ways with highway=residential + railway=abandoned like this:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/74345890
so if we add
set mkgmap:numbers = false
it should only be done in the rule
railway=abandoned [0x0a road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Oktober 2018 09:58
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4244: Reduce number of includes in default    style

I see that this change adds
route=ferry {set mkgmap:numbers = false }
which was presumably in the include file. However, I notice that the lines
for railways do not have this included, but do have road_class and
road_speed set. Should set 'mkgmap:numbers = false' also be set for railways
in the default style? (In my own style file, I do not have road_class or
road_speed set for railway items, except for platforms, as I don't want to
be routed along a railway line.)

Regards,
Mike