logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Build PrecompSeaGenerator by default?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 14 11:30:17 BST 2018

Hi Thorsten,
to be honest, I don't know why it is not done. I see no problem to build mkgmap.jar without the line
<exclude name="**/optional/*.java"/>
in build.xml.  The jar grows by ~ 20 KB, but still works without any of the optional libs when you use it for the normal purposes.
Maybe some QA tools would complain?

If you think about releasing a jar file that also contains all the optional libs for the PrecompSeaGenerator this would be a bigger change,
the libs are > 20 MB and I fear that the old splitter.jar needed for the PrecompSeaGenerator  might confuse new users.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2018 11:51
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Build PrecompSeaGenerator by default?

Hi,

as I build my precompiled sea data myself: can we build the
PrecompSeaGenerator of mkgmap by default with the binary mkgmap jar?
This would allow to use the default mkgmap jar and does not require
to always rebuild it at my own.

  Thanks,
    Thorsten
--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS