logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Beaches as a polygon

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Fri Sep 28 10:56:15 BST 2018

Hi Gerd
For a number of reasons, the main reason is that up to now nobody has time to maintain this 🙁
It is also a very  complicated because there are always folks who don't like the map style.
And garmin devices don't render it consistently and there are differences in rendering between the garmin units vs mapsource/basecamp. I have read that someone on this list (I don't have a link at the moment) who has developed the "mapnik/osm carto style"  for the default map further than I have done in the past for Lambertus' garmin maps. Maybe he is willing to share this for the default mkgmap style?

________________________________
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> namens Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Verzonden: vrijdag 28 september 2018 00:37
Aan: Development list for mkgmap
Onderwerp: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Beaches as a polygon

Hmm, of course the map looks better with a nice typ file, but up to now mkgmap comes without one.
We could also render other natural values like heath, grassland etc. to improve the map, but we don't. I think the reason is again that we don't have a typ file.

So, what is the reason that there is no TYP file in the package?
My own graphical abilities are very limited :-(