logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Lake Garda... is empty

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Sep 21 08:59:07 BST 2018

Hi all,

sorry for the late response, I was cycling for a few weeks ;-)
I've now moved the two includes as I suggested in the post cited by Ticker.

@Steve: I don't know why you created these includes. I also think it would be easier to have the rules within the polygons file.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. September 2018 11:06
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Lake Garda... is empty

Maybe this should become a new thread on style/default:

I find the includes of inc/{landuse,water}_{points,lines,polygons}
pointless and unhelpful for various reasons:

1/ Each file is only included once so there is no advantage in avoiding
repetition.

2/ Checking the files to determine the behaviour for a tag is more
difficult - you can't just to a search from the top of 1 file.

3/ The contents of some of the files is not quite as the name suggests,
eg landuse_polygons tests for other tags.

4/ Some of the cases that you'd expect to be in the include file based
on its name have been moved out or duplicated into the parent file,
with intervening logic before the include, eg points and
landuse=military/village_green

5/ I suspect there are other cases where the contents of an include
file need to be scattered more intelligently into the parent file

Ticker