logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new option --add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Aug 1 06:14:48 BST 2018

Hi Greg,

seems the description is not clear enough. The default of this option is "2", that means it is switched on by default.
It has no effect unless --route is also on.

Von: Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. August 2018 00:22
An: Gerd Petermann
Cc: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] new option --add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> please try r4213 in the country-border branch, I think it is ready for merge into trunk:
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap.html
>
> I hope this description is clear enough, please suggest improvements / corrections:

My usual plea about mkgmap: the options that are recommended should be
on by default, instead of expecting the user to enable 20 different
options after understanding them.

If you mean to add the code with it off, and after testing that it
doesn't cause harm, make it default, then I withdraw my complaint :-)