logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jul 22 09:05:53 BST 2018

Hi Andrzej,

I think the code in the branch (r4211) works quite well now, performance is okay and the number of added external nodes looks reasonable.

next on my TODO list:
1) Find good option name and document it. Current code always uses admin_level=2 boundaries. If one splits each German Bundesland and user tries to install e.g. Niedersachsen and Schleswig-Holstein this will not help.  So, as you proposed, we might want an option that works like this:
--add-ext-nodes-at-borders=x
The value x specifies the admin_level. This option tells mkgmap to add so called external routing nodes (NOD3 and NOD4) where
roads intersect with boundaries of the given admin_level. Use this if ...
2) Unit tests for the code that checks for intersections

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2018 12:54
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

Hi Gerd,

 > I am not yet sure what to do with roads that share multiple nodes with
 > country borders.

I guess, some optimization would be beneficial. This is probably a case,
where road goes along a border. If there is a series of consecutive
external nodes, you could leave only first, last and nodes which are
junctions. This probably should be done at later stages of compilation.

Or maybe first and last would be enough? I mean, at a junction there
should be an external node added for the second road.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej