logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jul 17 15:28:51 BST 2018

Hi all,

I've started to look at this. My approach so far:
- add a new flag "on-country-border" in the Coord class
- collect ways with admin_level=2 contained in the input file (alternative would be to extract them from the bounds file),
also way members of matching boundary rels
- split those ways into two point segments, so that no segment exists twice
- for each road segment calculate the intersection with any of these segments (a spatial index is probably needed), brute
force might be too slow
- if one is found, either add the intersection node or mark one of the existing nodes if it is very close
- make sure that these special nodes are preserved like other boundary nodes
- make sure that they are added to the list of external nodes

I am not yet sure what to do with roads that share multiple nodes with country borders.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 25. Juni 2018 07:47
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

Hi Andrzej,
The idea sounds good to me. I will look at this when I am back.
Ciao Gerd

---- Andrzej Popowski schrieb ----

Hi Bernhard,

routable roads contains "nodes", which can be junctions or address
points. Only some nodes are marked as "external", mkgmap creates them at
borders of tiles.

My idea is about creating some additional external nodes, that should be
always at the same position, regardless of the way of creating a map.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej