logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in index

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Jul 11 11:00:43 BST 2018

Hi Gerd,

On Wed, Jul 11, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> I am back from my cycling tour. I've observed a problem with my self compiled gmapsupp, the device doesn't find most of the restaurant POIs.
> Search for e.g. shops or hotels worked fine, just POI with 0x2a??  seem to cause trouble. Search takes very long and shows only a few far away restaurants.
> I wonder if anybody else has the same problems?

Yes, very old problem, and I think already discussed on this list
without resolution.

Depending on the count of POIs, sometimes parts of them are not
findable in the Index, while they are visible on the map.
The number of the POI doesn't matter, it looks more like the number
of POI.

That POI searches take very long is a change in the Garmin firmware.
With my map on a GPSmap 60CSx, searching for POI is really quick and
only the one from the Index are found.
With the same map on my GPSmap 62, the index is ignored and the POIs
are extracted from the map. This takes a long time.

  Thorsten