logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Fri Jun 22 19:22:01 BST 2018

Hi Andrzej,
I doubt that it is possible.
The extracts from Geofabrik overlap at the administrative borders. So a
road from e.g. Germany to Poland won't end at the border, but extend a
few meters (sometimes even kilometers!) into the neighboring country.
And that holds true for that road in the other direction too.
This means that the common nodes do already exist, but never did
cross-border routing work (note that I changed my toolchain and generate
maps containing a few countries because of those issues since a couple
of years - I cannot be sure if things have changed meanwhile).
Or did I misunderstand the "external nodes"?
Kind regards,
Bernhard