logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmapr4191 and earlierer produces corrupt preview+tdb in some cases

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 23 09:27:11 BST 2018

Hi Thomas,

please be patient, I don't have time to look into this until next Monday.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thomas Morgenstern <webmaster at img2ms.de>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Mai 2018 16:46:15
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] mkgmapr4191 and earlierer produces corrupt preview+tdb    in some cases

Hi,
 i create my maps in 2 steps:
first:  I create all osm-tiles from download.geofabrik as OSM. img-tile (containing 1-Sec DEM) and  Contourlines  from different soures as Contourline. img-tile. This works good, no problems.

Second:  I combine the ready OSM.img tiles and contourline.img tiles to the mapset. I use command : java -jar  mkgmap.jar -family-id=3100 -route  ..... -dem=\\HGT\1SecHGT\   -overview-levels=5:15,6:15 -overview-dem-dist=110000 -gmapi  \500*.img \400*.img . The resulting TestKarte.gmap seems to bee good in Mapsource and Basecamp. 3D-VIEW works. But really the tdb and preview-files are corrupt. Especially the preview contains wrong 0x4a and 0x4b. The borders of contourline.img should bee always 1°x1° degree. But the are always smaller. The osm-tiles has wrong borders too. It looks for me, as if the borders are randomly. This prevent Mapsource and Mapinstall to send tiles to the GPS, respektivly the sended tiles are to small at GPS. I maked a little investigation and found out, that the option -overview-dem-dist=110000 causes the error. Without this option all works fine. But the preview has no DEM.
I am not a java coder and can not find out, what goes wrong. Maybee the spezialists can find out it. Here is my test-equipment : 2 osm.img (500*),  2 Contourline.img (400*) . as source and the  resulting TestKarte. gmap   as Test.rar Download : https://d100635.odilo.greatnet.de//data/public/75d14fa5dd1b9abbb7acf7af8b3c13f9.php?lang=de

The HGTs are N46E011.hgt and N46E012.hgt. Screenshot Mapsource : http:\\img2ms.de\Bilder\Wrong0x4a.jpg<http:%5C%5Cimg2ms.de%5CBilder%5CWrong0x4a.jpg>
Thanks Thomas