logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with address search with *mp sources

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 6 09:59:45 BST 2018

Hi Andrzej,

yes, seems to be an error in the global index, probable MDR20 . When you search for KARTUSKA 75 four entries for GDANSK are found.
I did not yet find out what is wrong.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Samstag, 5. Mai 2018 17:08:56
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] problem with address search with *mp sources

Hi,

when compiling a map from *.mp sources, address search doesn't work as
expected in Mapsource. I have prepared a set of data for testing:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/433/test-index.zip

I can't get correct results, when searching for address:
house number: 75
street: KARTUSKA
city: GDANSK

It looks like a whole set of numbers is missing in search index for
KARTUSKA. I think that some street names are missing too, but I haven't
tested much.

I have found that map created by mkgmap r3909 works correctly but r3970
gives problems. Somewhere between these releases was introduced a bug.
Maybe it was because of merging optimize-index branch with release r3968?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej