logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Description is too long (max 50)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 6 07:25:43 BST 2018

Hi all,

sorry, of course it is possible to create the files with different descriptions when you execute mkgmap.jar multiple times.
I forgot to add "in one execution" after "it is not possible to create".

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 6. Mai 2018 08:21:03
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Description is too long (max 50)

Hi all,

I wonder if I should change the code so that the description field in the overview map is filled from the option description?
The attached patch should do that.
However, I think I found a general problem with the parameter evaluation for the so-called combiners (gmapsupp, index, tdb etc).
If I got that right it is not possible to create e.g. a gmapsupp.img and an overview map with different descriptions when this patch is active.
So, if you use something like java--jar mkgmap.jar ... -c template.args --description="My Map for device" --gmapsupp --description="My Map for PC" --tdbfile --gmapi
the description in the gmapsupp will be "My Map for PC", not "My Map for device".
The reason is that we have an extra loop for the combiners. This loop is started when all map tiles and typ files are compiled, that means, for repeated options only
the last given value is used for all combiners.
No idea if we should change that now, I guess many scripts rely on this.