logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygon relation as inner/outer of multipolygon

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 24 18:20:33 BST 2018

Hi Ticker,

I looked at some examples and I think they are all plain mapping errors, so
I think we should ignore them.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. April 2018 18:58:19
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Multipolygon relation as inner/outer of multipolygon

Hi Gerd

With "British Isles" most are in Scotland:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5396134
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/7528106
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4537320
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4537321
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1959008

+ 11 others.

I also noticed that I didn't change the error to a warning in the
patch.

Reading through the wiki, you're right; inner and outer are supposed to
be ways. Only subarea is allowed to be a relation. When I was looking
at the OSM documentation beforek, for some reason I jumped to the
conclusion that inner/outer could be relations. It seems a natural
thing to allow. Maybe there was a mention of the idea in the discussion
area.

Ticker