logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Could mkgmap be extended to create an empty dem dist layer?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Apr 17 11:59:41 BST 2018

I prefer to have Basemap - but I know many people delete it by accident or
don't activate it - and I just tried a gmapsupp DEM map will also give
shading to overview map.
And yeah - maybe call it
--dem-empty-dist

so you would have e.g.
--dem-dists=19884,39768,53024,106048  --dem-empty-dist=212096
or
--dem-dists=19884,39768,53024  --dem-empty-dist= 106048

not sure what values will work best. And yes I would expect only uknown or
undefined heights should do the trick - but of course I do not know. With
garmins usual approach i do guess it's possible to create it in a way that
it switches off at some zoom level by inserting empty data.

On 17 April 2018 at 12:40, Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> it should be easy to add an empty layer, but I'd prefer a special option
> for that.
> Any ideas for a good option name?
> I guess an empty layer would be one that contains only "unknown" or
> "undefined" heights.
> No idea what the device will do with such a layer, I'll try it.
> If I got you right you prefer to have no basemap on your device? Or maybe
> some devices don't have
> one by default?

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck