logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overlapping highways and route restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 4 11:44:37 BST 2018

Hi Felix,

you may try r4147. I plan to add code to merge different labels of overlapping ways, I think I can't do much more.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. April 2018 11:44:05
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] overlapping highways and route restrictions

Yes I think that could be problematic. I'm not sure how it will end up. I do not create routable lines from the relations file directly, I use the set command and then in the lines file the additional ways are created - so that if one line has 1 or X route relations, there will be no difference. However that assumes they are all added to the same line I guess. So if different routes are copied onto different overlapping ways this principle would go wrong - it won't be a problem if the underlying overlaying ways are moved/merged before the handling of the relations however.

I have so far seen mostly cases where two overlaying ways were both part of the same route relation - not of different route relations.