logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Mar 29 18:57:25 BST 2018

Well up to 3 duplicates (plus original) way there is never a problem. 4
duplicates can be problematic, 5 duplicates IS in 90% of cases problematic.
I think I will rewrite my style to have maximum two duplicates, but usually
no more than 1. Any solution to get rid of duplicates completely if 5 or
more would be nice - but it seems Gerd cannot find a solution so be it. And
yes it's not always a bug is OSM data (especially with areas) - but mostly
(95% of the cases I analyzed) it was.

On 29 March 2018 at 16:12, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hi Gerd,
>
> I haven't followed this discussion, sorry if I repeat a case or problem is
> already dealt with.
>
> When you use highways defined as area for routing, then area border is
> converted to road. Quite often there are multiple areas with common border.
> This common border can lead to duplicate reads. Data in OSM is correct and
> there is nothing to report, but it would be good if mkgmap could remove
> duplicate.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej