logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Mar 20 22:19:20 GMT 2018

The new patch seems to work pretty well - most ways that are supposedly not
routable (according to my understanding so far if there are 6 arcs or more
it will break) are actually broken.

Map (just unpack the lzma installer:
https://openmtbmap.org/mtbitaly_test.exe

All broken - in simulation routing gets stuck.:
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670040.osm.pbf: 8 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
44.528092,7.857529 when routing to 132░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/310376420)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670040.osm.pbf: 7 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
44.528092,7.857529 when routing to 132░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/310376420)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670068.osm.pbf: 7 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
45.984356,9.206016 when routing to 203░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/273387447)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.750019,12.707582 when routing to 189░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/457631339)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.749947,12.707799 when routing to 294░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/457631339)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.749966,12.707912 when routing to 258░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/457631339)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.746202,12.752692 when routing to 109░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/303828386)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.746165,12.752832 when routing to 99░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/303828386)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.746144,12.753007 when routing to 113░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/303828386)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.746083,12.753196 when routing to 117░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/303828386)
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.746027,12.753341 when routing to 130░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/303828386)

Funnily this one works and routing is not broken:
SEVERE (RouteNode): E:\openmtbmap\maps\63670002.osm.pbf: 6 or more arcs
with the same initial bearing, expect routing problems at
41.903471,13.182355 when routing to 245░ (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/519285722)

I'll test some more tomorrow or in the upcoming days. I always tested both
directions just to make sure and could not see a difference.
All of them are based on OSM mapping error with (several) ways overlapping
each other. If mkgmap could drop identical ways (disrespecting the name
field, or even better remove ways that have the same routing profile) it
would already solve all but the first problematic way.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich