logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing housenumbers in search index?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Mar 19 07:04:07 GMT 2018

Hi Lorenzo,

house numbers are not stored in the index. The index points to the place in the NET sub file that contains the informations
about housenumbers. To reproduce your results I've opened your gmapsupp in Basecamp and searched for a ddresses with
Street = Via Sant'anna and city = Cartoceto and the result list contains 4 entries:
Via Sant'Anna 20, Cartoceto, Pesaro E Urbino, ITA
Via Sant'Anna 26, Cartoceto, Pesaro E Urbino, ITA
Via Sant'Anna 93, Cartoceto, Pesaro E Urbino, ITA
Via Sant'Anna 357, Cartoceto, Pesaro E Urbino, ITA

When I enter 22 or 81 as additioanl search criteria it is found close to the right place, so I think the data is stored correctly.
I don't know why the first search shows only some numbers. I assume the road is stored as 4 fragments and Basecamp shows only the lowest
number for each.
Does that help?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Lorenzo Mastrogiacomi <lomastrolo at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. März 2018 19:38:42
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Missing housenumbers in search index?

Hi all,

I noticed many missing housenumbers searching in the maps I am building (actually also with other maps retrieved from the web by other map providers).
In this area for example number 20 is present but nearby numbers are missing:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/43.77845/12.89595

I tryed adding a stryle rule to show the numbers on the map and all of them are shown correctly.

Here is a sample gmappsupp built by me in case you want to try:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15MVaJc04SBmGuvYFFOBQYV5Oyst6ejDe/view?usp=drivesdk

Search:
city=Cartoceto
street=Via Sant'anna