logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 11 15:39:47 GMT 2018

Hi Felix,

thanks for testing. Yes, roundabouts have to be split as well as all other closed or self intersecting ways.
I guess the img format does not allow closed arcs.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. März 2018 15:13:06
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

Hi Gerd,
oh - I had a different layout in gpsmapedit with 0x13 set to invisible and not used to opening gpsmapedit from my laptop. So the map was actually correct:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1263658804
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1195812701
is now fine - though of course the visible rendering is not really representing how it looks in reality - but broken routing is fixed.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1270407079
as you said is still spiking - and actually with my style in that case also wrongly ending up in 6 routable lines. For me really a simple remove all semi connected ways at minimum length filter would be fine. I would just remove clutter of micromapping.

As for the roundabouts.
1. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/208976154
looks fine - just strange that way https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/447282006 is not merged - all the others are merged.

2. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/312642720
a bit strange that it gets split into 2 ways. Routing seems fine. (the NNE section of the roundabout between the exit and entry is separated)

3. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/148634420
actually looks much better then with older versions of mkgmap. Looks pretty round - with a 3 month old mkgmap version (sorry don't have unpatched to compare) it was not very round. Routing is fine.
Although here the north section is split off into a seperate way- it this a need for roundabouts?

Felix