logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 1 17:55:05 GMT 2018

Hi Felix,

okay, I think I can reproduce a routing problem on my Oregon with your map.
I have a route that works from south to north but not in the reverse direction.
I'll try to create a similar situation with a modified default style to find out
what the problem is. My current prime suspect is the way with type 0x16.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. März 2018 18:09:02
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

routing issues is on devices only - not in Basecamp. Reported so far from Oregon and Edge - routing from North to East over that road.

Well what I thought was that mkgmap should check if another road is put above. Right now it's 1 road supposed to be there, 2 and 3 roads overlapping due to that road being too short. Those overlapping somehow would need to be removed (and yes I know they are originally not the same line). My style should I think in maximum create 4 routable lines - however due to overlapping of other lines (due to the sub 4.3m line) it ends up a short stretch with more than 5 routable lines.

On 1 March 2018 at 17:47, Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com<mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Felix,

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Okay - no-merge-lines makes no difference, also removing
> addArcsToMajorRoads();
> function makes no difference. And I just noticed - the patch does not
> work.
> It works in it's own way - but not achieving the result that is needed.
> Whatever I do - I still end up with 6 routable lines.
>
> I guess the patch checks for each road that it is not more than 4 times in
> the map. So I end up with 1, 2, and 3 (1 that is supposed to be in the
> map,
> 2 from the east not supposed, and 3 from the south, not supposed). (always
> using gpsmapedit to check results).

yes, that is what it does. Didn't you suggest something like that?

You still did not tell me how I can reproduce a crash with this data, so I
can only guess.
I didn't see any routing issues so far with your maps, only the ugly
rendering.
Is this the only problem or is there really a routing issue?
If yes, please let me know how to reproduce it.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich