logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Rép :⁨ DEM test & artifacts

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 22 18:39:54 GMT 2018

Hi David,

my polygon for splitter is this:
Ireland
1
   -5.243715   51.323391
   -10.915155   51.323391
   -10.915155   55.476919
   -5.243715   55.476919
   -5.243715   51.323391
END

The advantage is that it is rectangular and therefore splitter will create a set of tiles which form a rectangular area,
thus there is no need to use --dem-poly. I think this works well In combination with --precomp-sea option.
I've never seen a hgt file that contains only 0x8000 values (voids), nore one
that contains only 0x0000. Did you create that N56W008  with a tool? If so, why?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von David <david.tlp at orange.fr>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2018 19:26:48
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Rép :⁨ DEM test & artifacts

Hello Gerd,

I was not able to download your polygon file but it is not a problem. My own polygon works like a charm and it is absolutely not a rectangular shape. It is contained in the area where there is no shadow applied on water surface. Is there a difference between a tile full of nan values like N56W008 and when the tile does not exist mkgmap writes a message about using 0m for elevation by default ?

Ireland
-9.0 55.5
-6.0 55.5
-5.25 54.6