logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM test & artifacts

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 22 06:30:10 GMT 2018

Hi David,

I assume you don't like the empty rectangles in the NW? Those are probably caused by the trimming in splitter.
Please try to split with the polygon that I provided with my sample in david2.zip.
Sometimes the SRTM data shows heights > 0 where OSM data shows ocean. It would be quite complex to avoid that,
also the shadowing in the Garmin software doesn't seem to care much about this.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von David <david.tlp at orange.fr>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2018 23:34:39
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] DEM test & artifacts

Hello Gerd,

I compiled my map without my custom dem-poly option and the result is as I tried to explained in my first message. You can see the result at :

http://emerald-island.eu/wikka/ShadowArtifacts

Artifacts are also still present along shorelines. But it seems to be normal : I checked SRTM1 tiles and the problem is in source data. In fact, mkgmap works nicely !

Thank you for your work and also many thanks to Andzej Popowski and Frank Stinner.

David