logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange error in mkgmap

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 14 11:41:03 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej

The SRT determines the sort order of names in the MDR and also within
the IMG file.  So it seems to me that one is always required.

I assumed that the MDR file was just a convenient place to put it. When
you create a gmapsupp from a map with a MDR, there is only a single SRT
file which must apply to the MDR and also to the individual IMG files.

I recently noticed that some Garmin maps have the SRT file repeated for
every IMG file within the gmapsupp.img as well as a copy for the MDR.

But I don't know, perhaps when there is no MDR the SRT does not get
picked up.  Only experiment can show what is needed.

Cheers,
Steve