logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] max-jobs patch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Feb 13 23:01:15 GMT 2018

Hi Mike

> I could take out that bit of code, which is just determining how
> much physical memory is installed, so that mkgmap won't suggest that the
> user increases the available heap too much. It isn't used in determining a
> value for maxjobs.

Since it is just used for an informational message, you could just
surround it with a try/catch block.  Then if it doesn't
exist on a particular it isn't a problem when using the
downloaded pre-compiled distribution.

Of course it would fail to compile on such a platform, but then
hopefully someone will let us know and we can decide what to do then.

Steve