logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MapSource crash with DEM: Maybe tdb file needs changes?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Feb 5 11:48:29 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

 > The wiki [1] describes these 7 bytes as
 > "byte:0 has copyright text,byte 1: has 0x53 text : byte 2:if 1 then
 > bytes 3_7: an unknown total (density) "

For gmaptool I have assumed following meaning of these data:
byte 0 - always 1
byte 1 - region (always 1)
byte 2 - subregion (always 0)
bytes 3-6 - always 0 1 0 0

Region and subregion are extension to family ID and product ID and are
used for coding unlock keys.

I have replaced original TDB by a TDB created by gmaptool and map still
crashes, so I assume these values aren't important.

Gerd, don't you have access to tdb from Adria Topo? There is Hungary
TopoGuide available too:
http://www.garmin.hu/topoguide-magyarorszag-v212c

--
Best regards,