logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Build instructions

From Jeremy Audet ichimonji10 at gmail.com on Thu Feb 1 23:04:04 GMT 2018

Hi all,

I maintain the mkgmap and splitter packages in the Arch Linux AUR. [1] [2]
As far as I can tell, both of these applications require Java 8. For
example, if splitter is executed with Java 7, it will throw a
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError. [3] Consequently, I've set both
mkgmap and splitter to require Java 8. However, the mkgmap dev instructions
indicate that Java 7 is supported. Is Java 7 supported?

When responding, please cc me, as I'm not subscribed to mkgmap-dev.

-Jeremy

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mkgmap/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/splitter/
[3] https://pastebin.com/ZgceAK0w