logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is dem-tdb branch ready for trunk ?

From Peter Danninger peter at danninger.eu on Sat Jan 27 14:56:51 GMT 2018

Some results from my .hgt-tests:

I wanted to find usable .hgt files for my
web-application zu add height data to .gpx

http://peter.myds.me/HDS/Tipps_Tricks/GPS/GPXclean/GPXclean.html
  ==> look at: "Spezialisten-Funktionen per Aufrufparameter"
  ==> sorry, only German ...

  ==> The results are in the attachment.

In short form:
Viewfinderpanoramas Medium Europe 3sec:
   ==> lots of voids and too low height values.

NASA_USGS 1sec:
   ==> no voids, but some too low height values.
   not too bad, but easily correctable by
   directly adjacent height values.
   BUT only up to N59 in the north.

Viewfinderpanoramas Northern Europe 1/3 sec:
   ==> some voids in Island in the overlay
   row/col, but easily correctable by
   directly adjacent height values.

To sum up:
More then 3100 .hgt files without real problems.
As far as available these are 1sec files.
Only in the very north 3sec .hgt files.

I'm happy with the NASA_USGS 1sec .hgt files :-)

Peter

http://www.danninger.eu