logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is dem-tdb branch ready for trunk ?

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Sat Jan 27 13:57:51 GMT 2018

Hi
I think before having such a container we would need to have a clear
idea what hgt sources are best. I have no objective method to compare
hgt sources (is there any?) but I have done some test comparing contour
lines generated from different sources. Copernicus (EU-DEM) data has
been commented to be better than viewfinderpanoramas (VFP), but at least
visually, the later seems better to me. The problem with VFP is that 1''
data is available only in a few places. SRTM1 seems to produce better
results than EU-DEM, but in some places it has a lot of voids. Just my
findings. If you are interested, I can post some screenshots for
comparison.