logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] documentation patch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 24 13:26:49 GMT 2018

Hi Steve,

thanks for the clarification. I've committed the patch to trunk now.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018 13:17
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] documentation patch

Hi

Just a note - I think the term mapset comes from Garmin but as far as
I can tell they always spell it as two words "map set".  For example
in Mapsource (early versions at least) they use the term "Map Set
Name".  Also see https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/506564 which uses
the term "map set".

On the other hand there are very few examples of Garmin using the term
and it is mainly used by Garmin users (in both the single word and two
word forms) and almost certainly pre-dates mkgmap.

[To be clear I support removing mapset from our documentation]

..Steve