logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM: performance with bicubic interpolation

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Jan 23 12:22:01 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

there are different kind of bicubic interpolations. I'm not good at this
math, I think the previous version was actually bicubic spline
interpolation. See other possibilities here:
http://mrl.nyu.edu/~perlin/cubic/Cubic_java.html

I don't know, which type of spline or cubic interpolation is best for
DEM. Maybe differences aren't big, but I think it is better to have good
interpolation than fast one. You compile a map once but then many people
can use it.

It shouldn't be difficult to include an option like:
--dem-interp=..

--
Best regards,
Andrzej