logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addresses in the United States

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 22 14:14:26 GMT 2018

Hi Greg,

I think you will find warnings when you activate logging.
See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 22. Januar 2018 15:07:55
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] addresses in the United States

Following up on my address troubles:

I removed the country and region arguments.

I updated splitter and mkgmap to the latest (head) and rebuilt, and now
I am getting country choices of United States, Canada (presumably from
overlap at the extract edge), and "Country" (perhap from an area not in
either boundary).

Choosing United States, I'm offered towns/cities from the region, but
they are shown with the state now, not county.

In "city" search (vs addresses), I can find hamlets/villages which are
denote non-administrative named places, and this seems good.

So things seem almost entirely right.   I wonder if there should be a
warning option for addresses not inside a boundary, when using
location-autofill=is_in, or if those points should just not get added to
the index (and perhaps counted in an output message).