logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 20 09:19:50 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,

I'll try this on monday, Maybe you can create a 2nd branch  so that others can try the different results?
BTW: I think that the calculation of qx and qy for the interpolation should be changed. The current code in 4071 adds up rounding errors when data for the upper right area is
calculated in a large tile spanning multiple degrees. I am working on that.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Samstag, 20. Januar 2018 00:50:19
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

Hi Gerd,

I have included bicubic interpolation created by Ken Perlin:
https://github.com/mlevans/pretty-heatmaps/blob/master/DensityArrayCreation/src/DensityArrayCreation/Bicubic.java

Bicubic interpolation is used only for layers with good resolution (3
arc seconds or better). For other cases bilinear interpolation is used.

Patch is attached.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej