logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r586 still doesn't always align properly with --align-for-dem option

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 19 18:05:59 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,

I agree that it makes no sense to align to hgt when Garmin uses 0,0 as base
and data is far away from this point.
Probably it is a good idea to think about the way how the Garmin software can
determine what data it has to read to render a given rectangle. What makes you think
that 0,0 is used instead of the upper left cornen given in the DEM section header(s)?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Januar 2018 17:06:42
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] splitter r586 still doesn't always align properly with --align-for-dem option

Hi Gerd,

my current opinion is, that aligning to HGT won't work. The way Garmin
sets coordinates in DEM suggests, that all DEM is aligned to coordinates
0;0. Since pixel distance for DEM can be set exactly as in HGT, the
farther form 0;0 the bigger misalignment. Then at some point could
appear a shift of DEM, like we have already observed for unaligned
versions. I estimate, that for dem-dists=9942 this could be above 80 degree.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej