logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Jan 16 15:36:22 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

I have tried to align pbf bbox with HGT. I have ceated 2 maps, one with
god alignment and second with left and top edge moved by 1/2 HGT pixel
size. I have used HGT with resolution 3600, so the movement was about
15m. I think shading is the same on both maps. There is no obvious
change, but I can't make BaseCamp to display maps at exactly the same
position, so there is a small movement of all objects. See pictures:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/396/hgt-aligned.png
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/397/hgt-nonaligned.png

DEM layer is the same for both maps, position and size exactly the same.

I have found, why shading on your map looks more detailed. You have
created only single layer of DEM, while I use 4 layers. Shading with
multiple layers looks softer. Another weird effect is that with single
layer, shading gets softer, when you set "Map Detail" to higher in
Mapsource. With multilayer is opposite, probably Mapsource switches
between layers.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej