logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option --show-profiles and DEM

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Fri Jan 12 15:28:53 GMT 2018

Hi Peter,

Viefinder-Panoramas files not only contains voids but some serious
errors too, like depressions 1km deep. At least they had some years ago.

SRTM data version 3 are mostly void free, but I can see some voids for
example in Nepal. Currently you need a login to get SRTM data. I think
similar quality could be CGIAR data.

There is no SRTM data outside +-60 degree latitude, in these area
Viefinder-Panoramas is the best solution.

There are other sources of elevation data, for example ASTER DEM or
X-SAR DEM, but IMO they contains too many errors, probably still need a
lot of processing. EU-DEM seems good. They used to contains voids on
country borders, but version 1.1 looks good now. Maybe version 1.0 is
usable too, I haven't checked.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej