logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option --show-profiles and DEM

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Jan 11 11:44:17 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

I think, I have already mentioned it. There are 2 flags written in TDB:
"enableProfile" and "hasDem". CGPSmapper supports option for profiles,
but it sets flag "hasDem" for it and surely it works with contours.

Garmin maps usually include contours and DEM together, and then both
flags are set. I have no access to Garmin map that has only one of this
features, so I can't tell exact meaning of flags.

Some years ago I tested various maps with DEM and some methods to
include DEM to free maps. I don't remember what I did, but the
conclusion is still present in code of GMapTool. It uses reversed
meaning of flags comparing to mkgmap.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej